Dade City, FL-August is National Eye Exam month, the perfect time to recommend that your patients schedule a comprehensive eye exam.
The Vision Council of America notes that 12.2 million Americans require some sort of vision correction but don’t use any. Nearly 50% of parents with children under 12 have never taken their children to an eyecare professional.
Here are five reasons to share with your patients about why they should have an eye examination:
- Save a headache. If you have been having unexplained, constant headaches, your solution could be visiting your optometrist. An eyecare professional can pinpoint the problem of your headaches.
- Perform well in school. One out of every four children has vision problems. A common reason children fall behind in school is poor, undetected vision. Taking your children to the optometrist can detect an eyesight problem that can contribute to learning and reading difficulties.
- Determine prescription. Your eyes change over time. An optometrist can determine if you need eyeglasses or contact lenses, or if you need a stronger prescription to reduce eyestrain and help you see better.
- Detect eye conditions. An optometrist is able to spot the early onset signs of diabetes, high blood pressure, glaucoma, and high cholesterol just by conducting an eye exam.
- Prevent conditions. Many serious eye diseases often have no symptoms. An optometrist will see the early signs of diseases, such as macular degeneration or cataracts. Early detection is important to prevent serious damage.