The American Academy of Optometry (AAO) announces its 2021 Award Recipients. These awards recognize distinguished individuals who have made important contributions to advancing the profession of optometry.
· Stephen A. Burns, PhD, FAAO — Charles F. Prentice Medal and Lecture Award
· Konrad Pesudovs, OD, PhD, FAAO — Glenn A. Fry Award and Lecture (American Academy of Optometry Foundation Award)
· Bina J. Patel, OD, FAAO — AAO-Essilor Award for Outstanding International Contributions to Optometry
· Gang Luo, PhD — William Feinbloom Award
· Robert E. Molter, Jr., OD, FAAO, and Kimberly S. Molter, OD — Brien Holden Humanitarian Award
· Tawna L. Roberts, OD, PhD, FAAO — Irvin M. and Beatrice Borish Award
· Raymond Kraker, MSPH — Carel C. Koch Memorial Medal Award
· Hannah R. Gregory, OD, MS — Julius F. Neumueller Award in Optics (American Academy of Optometry Foundation Award)
· Paul Chamberlain, BSc (Hons); Sofia C. Peixoto-De-Matos, MSc; Nicola S. Logan, PhD;
Cheryl Ngo, MBBS, Mmed; Deborah Jones, BSc, FAAO; Graeme Young, PhD, FAAO — Garland W. Clay Award
· Etty Bitton, OD, MSc, FAAO; Anne Mika Moy, OD, FAAO — Michael G. Harris Family Award for Excellence in Optometric Education (American Academy of Optometry Foundation Award) — Awards of the Section on Cornea, Contact Lenses & Refractive Technologies
· Carolyn G. Begley, OD, MS, FAAO — Max Schapero Memorial Lecture Award
· Joseph T. Barr, OD, MS, FAAO — Founders’ Award — Award of the Public Health and Environmental Vision Section
· W. Howard McAlister, OD, MPH, FAAO — Henry B. Peters Award for Public Health and Environmental Vision (American Academy of Optometry Foundation Award)
The Awards Ceremony will be held November 4 at 7:00 pm during Academy 2021 in Boston.