Bausch + Lomb announced the scheduling of 1 podium presentation and 4 poster presentations. (Adobe Stock / galitskaya)
Bausch + Lomb (B+L) is gearing up for the American Academy of Optometry (AAOpt) annual meeting, which is poised to convene in New Orleans from Oct. 11-14, 2023.
The company announced the scheduling of 1 podium presentation and 4 poster presentations.
The podium presentation titled, “Clinical Dry Eye Findings in Patients Using a Novel Lipid-Containing Eye Drop,” will be presented by Nabin R. Joshi, OD, on Thursday, October 12, during the Clinical Dry Eye session at 9:45 am. It will highlight the results of a prospective, multicenter study that evaluated key clinical dry eye disease findings in patients using B&L’s Blink Triple Care Dry Eye Lubricating Eye Drops.
The 4 poster presentations will all take place on Thursday October 12 from 4:30-6:30 pm CT.
Two of the poster presentations will include data on the newly launched MIEBO prescription eye drops, including an evaluation of the distribution and retention of MIEBO on the human eye and an analysis of the effect of MIEBO on fluorescein staining across all regions of the cornea. These posters are entitled:
- “Perfluorohexyloctane, an Eye Drop for Dry Eye Disease, Reduces Corneal Staining Across All Regions of the Cornea,” (poster board #52) will be presented by Fahmy et al.
- “Visualization of MIEBO, an Eye Drop forDry Eye Disease, on the Human Ocular Surface Using Infrared Emisivity,” (poster board #76) will be presented by Borchman et al.
Two additional posters will feature data on B+L’s INFUSE Multifocal silicone hydrogel daily disposable contact lenses, which was launched in June 2023, including an evaluation of the lens’ clinical performance and an assessment of patient responses to the lens. The posters are entitled
- “Presbyopic Patient Assessment of a New Daily Disposable Silicone Hydrogel Multifocal Contact Lens,” (poster board #100) will be presented by Rah et al.
- “Clinical Performance of a Novel Daily Disposable Silicone Hydrogel Multifocal Contact Lens,” (poster board #95) will be presented by Schafer et al.
B&L also will host the following educational opportunities during the meeting. All times are expressed in CT.
Wednesday, October 11
- “Industry Innovation Lunch and Learn”
12-12:55 pm CT at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center (900 Convention Center Blvd., New Orleans; Room R06, second floor). Gina Wesley, OD, John Womack, OD, and Doug DeVries, OD, will share practical patient cases using products from across the B&L consumer, vision care and pharmaceutical portfolios.
- “Showcasing Inflammation and IOP Control”
6:45 pm CT at Palace Café (605 Canal Street, New Orleans; room Fleur de Lis).
Michael Chaglasian, OD, and Nora Cothran, OD will discuss the benefits of using LOTEMAX® SM (loteprednol etabonate ophthalmic gel), 0.38%, and VYZULTA® (latanoprostene bunod ophthalmic solution), 0.024%. Advance registration is required.
Thursday, October 12
- “Introducing New LUMIFY EYE ILLUMINATIONS”
8:00-8:45 am CT at Hilton New Orleans Riverside (Two Poydras Street, New Orleans; room Royal). Gina Wesley, OD, will discuss LUMIFY EYE ILLUMINATIONS, a new specialty eye care line.
- “Innovations in Inflammation and IOP Control”
8:00-8:45 am CT at Hilton New Orleans Riverside (Two Poydras Street, New Orleans; room Camp). Derek Cunningham, OD, will discuss the benefits of using LOTEMAX® SM and VYZULTA.
- “Fighting the Battle in the Rx Treatment of Evaporative Dry Eye Disease: Introducing MIEBO (Perfluorohexyloctane Ophthalmic Solution)”
- 6:00 pm CT at the National World War II Museum (1043 Magazine Street, US Freedom Pavilion, New Orleans). Attendees can learn about MIEBO, which directly targets tear evaporation, as well as the results of the MIEBO pivotal phase 3 studies. Advance registration is required.
Friday, October 13
- “MIEBO: A Newly Approved Product” 8:00-8:45 am CT at Hilton New Orleans Riverside Hotel (Two Poydras Street, New Orleans; room Canal). Tear evaporation is the leading cause of dry eye disease. James Deom, OD, will discuss MIEBO, which addresses tear evaporation.
- “A New Orleans Nightcap with LUMIFY EYE ILLUMINATIONS”
8:30-10:30 pm CT at the Gallery Venue (755 Tchoupitoulas Street, New Orleans). Attendees can celebrate the launch of LUMIFY EYE ILLUMINATIONS and learn about these new clinically proven products from Selina McGee, OD. Advance registration is required.