Newsweek has announced their annual ranking of the nation’s top optometrists and ophthalmologists.
In partnership with Statista, the organization surveyed over 10,000 optometrists, ophthalmologists, clinic managers, and other healthcare professionals across the US to narrow down the 350 best doctors: 175 optometrists and 175 ophthalmologists.
The criteria for best doctors included a focus on those who had earned the most respect from their peers in three categories: quality of care they provide, continuity of care, and the quality of the technology they use in their practices.
Of note: opticians were not among those ranked.
Check out 2022's top 22 optometrists and their respective scores below!
And click here for the full list.
1. Viola Kanevsky, OD (New York, NY)
3. Alan Glazier, OD (Rockville, MD)
4. Joseph W. Sowka, OD, FAAO, Dipl ABO (Englewood/Venice/North Port, FL)
5. Hardeep Kataria, OD, FAAO (Porter Ranch, CA)
6. Paul C. Ajamian, OD (Atlanta, GA)
7. Marc R. Bloomenstein, OD, FAAO (Scottsdale/Glendale/Mesa, AZ)
8. Talin Amadian, OD (Encino, CA)
9. Richard Madonna, MA, OD (New York, NY)
10. Anne Mika Moy, OD, FAAO (Berkeley, CA)
11. Paul M. Karpecki, OD, FAAO (Lexington/Louisville/Middlesboro/Mount Sterling, KY)
12. Shannon L. Steinhäuser, OD (Phoenix, AZ)
13. Nyoke Alan Lee, OD (Houston, TX)
14. Oliver K. Lou, OD (Cedar Park, TX)
15. Jamie Kuzniar, OD, FAAO, FSLS (Bloomfield Twp, MI)
16. Kambiz Silani, OD (Beverly Hills CA)
17. April L. Jasper, OD, FAAO (West Palm Beach, FL)
18. Jill C. Autry, OD, R Ph (Bellaire/Houston/Pasadena/Conroe/Sugar Land/Webster, TX)
19. Mark Perry, OD (Orlando, FL)
20. Andrew Gurwood, OD, FAAO (Philadelphia, PA)
21. Jerome Sherman, OD, FAAO (New York, NY)
22. Mary Demirjian, OD (Encino/Santa Clarita/Palmdale, CA)