Denver-Before we head out to Denver for the American Academy of Optometry 2014 meeting, we asked our friends at Denver.com for some recommendations for the best spots to eat near the Colorado Convention Center. Writers Courtney Gibb and John Helkenn hand picked a list for Optometry Times with a little something for everybody that has us hungry already.
Denver-Before we head out to Denver for the American Academy of Optometry 2014 meeting, we asked our friends at Denver.com for some recommendations for the best spots to eat near the Colorado Convention Center.
Writers Courtney Gibb and John Helkenn hand picked a list for Optometry Times with a little something for everybody that has us hungry already.
• Tamayo is a modern Mexican cuisine, and Gibb says the restaurant has a great happy hour. Tamayo is located at 1400 Larimer Street in Larimer Square, a quick walk down 14th Street from the convention center.
• Acorn is located just two miles from the convention center and features modern American cuisine dishes in a hip former industrial space. After dinner, Helkenn recommends heading to the nearby Crooked Stave for one of its oak barrel-aged, Belgian-style brews. Acorn is located at 3350 Brighton Boulevard, a 10-minute cab ride from the convention center.
• Osteria Marco is a warm and inviting Italian restaurant known for its hand-tossed pizzas and extensive wine list, says Gibb. Osteria Marco is a 10-minute walk from the convention center, located at 1453 Larimer Street, near the corner of 15th Street.
• Linger features Asian fusion cuisine, local beers, and beautiful views of downtown and Confluence Park from its trendy rooftop patio. Linger is located at 2030 W. 30th Avenue and is about five minutes away by cab.
• Coohills is a French-inspired restaurant that features regional, farm-fresh food. This sophisticated, modern restaurant is located in lower downtown Denver at 1400 Wewatta Street, less than a mile away from the convention center.
• Wynkoop Brewery is a must for those wanting to sample Denver’s well-known beer scene. “Wynkoop is a little bit of a farther walk (or quick cab ride) from the convention center, but it’s worth the trek,” say the writers. The brewery isn’t just serving up cold brews-it also offers great food. Wynkoop is located at 1634 18th Street. It’s a little over a mile away from the convention center, but if you’re planning on indulging in some brews, you’ll definitely want to grab a cab.
• Union Station is actually home to several restaurants and is a great spot to experience the energy of Denver, the writers say. They recommend upscale seafood joint Stoic & Genuine, community pub Kitchen Next Door, and Terminal Bar for drinks. All of these options are just a three-minute cab ride from the convention center at
• Vesta Dipping Grill is just a short walk from the convention center and has won an impressive number of awards. A good choice for gluten-free eaters, the restaurant features finely cooked meats paired with a variety of dipping sauces to choose from. Vesta Dipping Grill is located about five minutes away by cab at 1822 Blake Street.
• Cherry Cricket is home to one of the best burgers in Denver and just a short drive away from the convention center in the heart of the Cherry Creek shopping district. Cherry Cricket is located at 2641 East 2nd Avenue, about 10 minutes away by cab.