Brooke Beery is Associate Editor of Optometry Times®.
Optometry Times® polled optometrists and eyecare professionals with the following question from August 14, 2020 to September 2, 2020: “What percentage of your pre-COVID patient base are you seeing currently?”
The poll appeared on optometrytimes.com and was promoted on various social media channels. Results show a majority of responding ODs have seen 75 percent of their pre-COVID patient base since the pandemic began.
23 optometrists responded, in total. Of these:
• 6 reported they are seeing 100 percent of their patient base
• 10 reported they are seeing 75 percent of their patient base
• 6 reported they are seeing 50 percent of their patient base
• 1 reported they are seeing 25 percent of their patient base
• 0 reported they are seeing 0 percent of their patient base