Brandon Barber, chief marketing officer for Heru, sat down with Optometry Times® editor, Kassi Jackson, to share about the company's new AMD portfolio expansion, and other items in the pipeline.
Related: Heru expands AMD portfolio with new launch
Key takeaways from the interview:
- Heru's latest dark adaptation modality. This new technology allows Heru to offer the only AMD portfolio available on the market.
- The company is providing cloud-based updates for their platform on a weekly and monthly basis to improve customer and patient outcomes.
- New therapeutic technology is coming out of their research facility in Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, including AR platform adaptations to improve eye defects that lead to limited vision for patients.
- Barber said that in the next 24 to 36 months, there will be advancements in the areas of AR and VR.
- These new and coming advancements improve patient experience, as well as will improve the ability for optometrists to "speed more patients through their practice," according to Barber.